On Call Lighting Grip IIJob ID 0816696 Date posted 08/31/2017
About “On –Call” @ HSN
HSN employs “on call” staff to cover projects, vacation, and periods of high volume.
“On call” means that you are scheduled “as needed”, and you could work a varied schedule from week to week based on our needs and your availability. You may know your schedule a few weeks in advance however you may also be called on short notice.
- Studio lamp, focus checks and held responsible for maintaining the appearance of the visual on-air look to achieve high production value.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment with in the studios.
- Set up lighting equipment before each show.
- Hang lighting, focus lighting and power lights.
- Programming of shows on Strand light pallet console.
- Access, distribute and address power needs for a set on a small scale basis.
- Change out lamps & gels.
- Move lighting equipment as needed.
- Grip and expendable inventories.
- Attend camera blockings.
- 2-4 years in television or film production with lighting experience.
- Climb ladders
- Lift, push, pull items over 50 lbs..
- Must be comfortable with heights
- Packaging/un-packaging items
- Stand for extending periods of time
- Use of hands or fingers to handle/feel objects tools or controls
- Reach with arms
- Balance, Kneel, Crouch, or Crawl
- Close, Distant, Peripheral, Depth vision
- Ability to adjust and focus sight
- Degree in related field or equivalent work history in related field
- Intermediate knowledge of electrical systems
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of studio equipment including sets, props, cameras, conventional lights, HMI, moving lights, RGB, CMY fixtures and DMX control
- Basic understanding and working field knowledge of HMI equipment
- Intermediate working knowledge of programming strand light pallet console
- Intermediate working knowledge of light meters
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Word and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to build and maintain good working relationships with a diverse group of individuals and personalities
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to achieve projects individually and work with a team
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq:HSNI) is a $4 billion interactive multichannel retailer with strong direct-to-consumer expertise among its two operating segments, HSN and Cornerstone. HSNi offers innovative, differentiated retail experiences on TV, online, via mobile devices, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores. HSN, a leading interactive multichannel retailer which offers a curated assortment of exclusive products combined with top brand names, now reaches approximately 94 million homes (24 hours a day, seven days a week, live 364 days a year). HSN.com offers a differentiated digital experience by leveraging content, community and commerce. In addition to its existing media platforms, HSN is the industry leader in transactional innovation, including services such as HSN Shop by Remote®, the only service of its kind in the U.S., the HSN Shopping App for mobile handheld devices and HSN on Demand®. Cornerstone comprises leading home and apparel lifestyle brands including Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill®, Grandin Road®, and Improvements®. Cornerstone distributes approximately 325 million catalogs annually, operates five separate digital sales sites and operates 14 retail and outlet stores.