On Air Sales Coordinator – On Call ( Customer Support Representative )Job ID 0816973 Date posted 11/04/2017
The On-Air Sales Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and executing various sales support elements for the live show including, social media, Ask HSN, testimonial calls and Customer Picks. The On-Air Sales Coordinator will contribute to the On-Air Producer’s sales & content strategy for each show block and throughout the day.
About “On –Call” @ HSN
HSN employs “on call” staff to cover projects, vacation, and periods of high volume.
“On call” means that you are scheduled “as needed”, and you could work a varied schedule from week to week based on our needs and your availability. You may know your schedule a few weeks in advance however you may also be called on short notice.
Day in the Life
- Screen incoming calls from multiple sources to provide appropriate testimonials and calls as sales tools for the Live Show, as directed by the On-Air Producer and HSN call standards and guidelines
- Maintain accurate and current show activation, which controls the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system, tracking each item that receives sales time on-air
- Act as an advocate on behalf of the callers to the Live Show, ensuring the calls are taken in a timely manner
- Handle extreme call volume quickly and determine if a caller is suitable to use on air
- Operate multi-line digital phone system and route calls to the appropriate area if not used on-air
- Handle unhappy callers in a calm, professional and efficient manner
- Interact with Celebrity and Special Guest callers prior to transferring them to the Live Show
- Maintain accurate tracking and reporting live show call statistics as it relates to company and departmental business needs
- Follow along with Live Show and On-Air Producer’s sales strategy
- Input Show Title, Show Host and What the Show Host Is Wearing information into the Sales and Service intranet site
- Monitor and engage with customers on the HSN mobile app during the shows and pass along additive information to the live show Producer
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Must be able to confidently interact with Producer in pushing to get media content on air
- Must have knowledge/experience in social networking
- Must be comfortable and professional in dealing with high profile callers and leadership daily
- Must have established customer service skills
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and accessing Intranet information
- Must be flexible in a 24/7 TV environment
Must be able to work in a high pressure, quick-paced environment
- Must be able to multitask and handle multiple and simultaneous information sources
- Must have an ability to be proactive in handling issues as needed in a calm and professional manner
- Must have good listening skills and be able to work independently and proactively with all daily responsibilities
- Must have excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills
Nice to Haves
- Previous experience in Customer Service over the phone
- High interest in starting a career in television
- Knowledge and use of CLiC systems
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq:HSNI) is a $4 billion interactive multichannel retailer with strong direct-to-consumer expertise among its two operating segments, HSN and Cornerstone. HSNi offers innovative, differentiated retail experiences on TV, online, via mobile devices, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores. HSN, a leading interactive multichannel retailer which offers a curated assortment of exclusive products combined with top brand names, now reaches approximately 94 million homes (24 hours a day, seven days a week, live 364 days a year). HSN.com offers a differentiated digital experience by leveraging content, community and commerce. In addition to its existing media platforms, HSN is the industry leader in transactional innovation, including services such as HSN Shop by Remote®, the only service of its kind in the U.S., the HSN Shopping App for mobile handheld devices and HSN on Demand®. Cornerstone comprises leading home and apparel lifestyle brands including Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill®, Grandin Road®, and Improvements®. Cornerstone distributes approximately 325 million catalogs annually, operates five separate digital sales sites and operates 14 retail and outlet stores.