Merchandise Planner - HomeJob ID 0817080 Date posted 11/30/2017
HSN’s Merchandising teams are
responsible for developing our unique product assortment. Our buying teams
partner with world class designers and industry experts to develop HSN
exclusive products and build their brands. The teams create product and brands
to inspire, entertain and engage our customers through assortment selection,
product development, pricing, presentation and promotion.
Our Merchandise Planners serve as a key role by identifying and communicating opportunities and risks through the analysis of sales, gross profit and inventory turnover. Merchandise Planners work closely with the merchant team to help develop business strategies that sets HSN apart.
- Working directly with Buyers as a financial business partner on assigned categories on maximizing sales plan, item development and business component.
- Holding direct responsibility for financial growth and development of all Show Stoppers, maximizing item strategy and reorders.
- Contributing to the assortment plan reviewing purchase quantities and IMU for all business components.
- Partnering with Buyers on initial development and in-season monitoring of category business sales plans.
- Developing, presenting and managing the OTB sales forecasts, inventory levels, business component sales forecast, bottoms up forecast, etc.
- Developing, presenting and managing on a continuous basis the monthly grid item information.
- Forecasting the monthly bottoms up process and maintaining weekly updates.
- Identifying and placing purchase orders for reorder items.
- Planning the rotation on a specific day and forecasting sales potential to attain sell outs.
- Meeting weekly with Buyers, Directors and Show Planners to review business strategies. Advising the Buyer on inventory management issues.
- Managing and directing one or more Show Planners, including execution of business strategy via on-air show.
- Understanding of the merchandising process and product lifecycle.
- Knowledge and understanding of the strategy, our performance against plan and the reasons we are or are not meeting our plan.
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- 6 years industry related experience – i.e.: Planning/Merch/Buying
- In-depth knowledge of the open to buy reports
- Strong knowledge of staff development, mentoring and coaching skills
- Extensive knowledge and experience in analyzing data
- Must be able to think both globally/strategically as well as tactically
- Strong ability to think creatively and solve problems with unique solutions
- Ability to articulate business strategies and be assertive in communication decisions
- Ability to create, modify and maintain databases to create reports
- Intermediate to Advanced Knowledge of Word, Access, Excel and Outlook
- 7 plus years industry related experience – i.e.: Planning/Merch/Buying
- Experience using and inventory tracking tool (i.e. - Retek)
- Experience using an inventory maintenance tool
- Experience using an inventory planning tool (i.e. - Arthur)
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. www.hsn.com/careers
HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq:HSNI) is a $3.4 billion interactive multichannel retailer with strong direct-to consumer expertise among its two operating segments, HSN and Cornerstone. HSNi offers innovative, differentiated retail experiences on TV, online, via mobile devices, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores. HSN, a leading interactive multichannel retailer which offers a curated assortment of exclusive products combined with top brand names, now reaches 95 million homes (24 hours a day, seven days a week, live 364 days a year). Cornerstone comprises leading home and apparel lifestyle brands including Ballard Designs®, Chasing Fireflies®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill®, Grandin Road®, Improvements® and TravelSmith®. Cornerstone distributes approximately 320 million catalogs annually, operates eight separate digital sales sites and operates 11 retail and outlet stores.