Merchandise Assistant - Housewares & ElectronicsJob ID 0816889 Date posted 10/14/2017
Business Unit Summary
HSN’s Merchandising teams are responsible for developing our unique product assortment. Our buying teams partner with world class designers and industry experts to develop HSN exclusive products and build their brands. The teams create product and brands to inspire, entertain and engage our customers through assortment selection, product development, pricing, presentation and promotion.
Day in the Life
Under general supervision, the Merchandise Assistant supports the divisional merchandising strategy and helps maximize effectiveness by providing support and assistance to their buying team. This role is used as a foundation to build on employees' fundamental knowledge of retail buying, allowing entry level merchandising candidates an opportunity to begin their corporate retail buying career.
- Enter purchase order information (pricing/delivery terms) and creating of HSN item numbers using established systems.
- Track vendor shipments of samples and inventory to ensure timely delivery.
- Maintain sample room.
- Administrative support to the buying team including scheduling vendor appointments, preparation of adhoc reports, maintenance of vendor files and routine correspondence.
- Assisting new team members in acclimating to the HSN buying process.
- Gain an understanding of the merchandising process and product lifecycle.
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- BS/BA degree, preferably in merchandising and/or marketing.
- Understanding of the merchandising process and product lifecycle.
- Minimum of 2 years of total experience in a traditional retail environment.
- Intermediate level knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to spot trends and translate them into product suggestions desired by our target customer.
- Highly organized and detail oriented. • Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage multiple assignments at the same time.
- You have the eagerness to learn.
- Ability to carry, push or pull items (up to 30 lbs) unaided.
Nice to Haves:
- Bachelors Degree in related field (i.e. Merchandising) and have completed a Merchandising Internship.
- 1-2 years of administrative experience.
- Experience working for a major retailer.
- Experience working in complex environments.
- Experience working in a global buying environment, building both digital and non-digital assortments.
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. To learn more, visit http://jobs.hsn.com
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq:HSNI) is a $4 billion interactive multichannel retailer with strong direct-to-consumer expertise among its two operating segments, HSN and Cornerstone. HSNi offers innovative, differentiated retail experiences on TV, online, via mobile devices, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores. HSN, a leading interactive multichannel retailer which offers a curated assortment of exclusive products combined with top brand names, now reaches approximately 94 million homes (24 hours a day, seven days a week, live 364 days a year). HSN.com offers a differentiated digital experience by leveraging content, community and commerce. In addition to its existing media platforms, HSN is the industry leader in transactional innovation, including services such as HSN Shop by Remote®, the only service of its kind in the U.S., the HSN Shopping App for mobile handheld devices and HSN on Demand®. Cornerstone comprises leading home and apparel lifestyle brands including Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill®, Grandin Road®, and Improvements®. Cornerstone distributes approximately 325 million catalogs annually, operates five separate digital sales sites and operates 14 retail and outlet stores.