IT Business Analyst II — Order ManagementJob ID 0816789 Date posted 09/20/2017
As part of the IT Business Unit and the Core Applications Development team for Order Management and Call Center Technology, this IT Business Analyst serves as the liaison between IT and the business on large projects to translate business requirements into technology solutions. This entails using industry standard modeling and analysis techniques to uncover client requirements such as business process flows and use-case analysis.
This individual must possess a good understanding of business processes and systems (including understanding dependencies across functional areas and applications) in order to suggest changes, prioritize requests, challenge the business on requirements, and negotiate the final design based upon business value.
At times, he/she will evaluate potential software solutions for complex business problems, including off-the-shelf and open source components.
- Gather customer requirements, track and document the development of releases that satisfy the requirements.
- Document current system features for use in system transformation projects.
- Make recommendations for necessary changes on projects that come from other departments.
- Validate that HSN business processes are being adhered to; validate business rules and that the development team is meeting the requirements of the users.
- Participate in the coordination of change control and implementation of system requirements.
- Identify areas of potential business risk and communicate these to Management.
- Perform the project management role for projects of low to medium complexity, define the scope and manage the timelines and goals of the project.
- Extensive analysis and reporting on the overall Order Management process through different channels, including Call Center activity, Digital Commerce, and IVR.
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- 3 or more years of experience in IT Business Analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent amount of applicable work experience.
- Experience with Visio and other Microsoft Office tools.
- Knowledge and experience in gathering requirements, functional design, and working with business processes as part of a technical environment.
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (Agile and Waterfall).
- Technical writing skills with the ability to translate business requirements for the software development team.
- Enjoys working with new tools and a self-motivated learner.
(Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”)
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Retail Technology.
- Call Center analysis experience.
- IVR experience.
- Relational database query experience.
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To learn more, visit https://jobs.hsn.com.
HSN is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation and is attributed to the QVC Group tracking stock (NASDAQ: QVCA, QVCB). For more information, please visit http://corporate.hsn.com/newsroom/, or follow @HSN on Facebook and Twitter.
The QVC Group consists of eight leading retail brands: QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements The QVC Group has 27,000 team members in the US, the UK, Germany, Japan, Italy, France, Poland and China. Visit the QVC Group webpage to learn more.