IT Business Analyst II — Order ManagementJob ID 0816789 Date posted 09/20/2017
As part of the IT Business Unit and the Core Applications Development team for Order Management and Call Center Technology, this IT Business Analyst serves as the liaison between IT and the business on large projects to translate business requirements into technology solutions. This entails using industry standard modeling and analysis techniques to uncover client requirements such as business process flows and use-case analysis.
This individual must possess a good understanding of business processes and systems (including understanding dependencies across functional areas and applications) in order to suggest changes, prioritize requests, challenge the business on requirements, and negotiate the final design based upon business value.
At times, he/she will evaluate potential software solutions for complex business problems, including off-the-shelf and open source components.
- Gather customer requirements, track and document the development of releases that satisfy the requirements.
- Document current system features for use in system transformation projects.
- Make recommendations for necessary changes on projects that come from other departments.
- Validate that HSN business processes are being adhered to; validate business rules and that the development team is meeting the requirements of the users.
- Participate in the coordination of change control and implementation of system requirements.
- Identify areas of potential business risk and communicate these to Management.
- Perform the project management role for projects of low to medium complexity, define the scope and manage the timelines and goals of the project.
- Extensive analysis and reporting on the overall Order Management process through different channels, including Call Center activity, Digital Commerce, and IVR.
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- 3-7 years of experience in IT Business Analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent amount of applicable work experience.
- Experience with Visio and other Microsoft Office tools.
- Knowledge and experience in gathering requirements, functional design, and working with business processes as part of a technical environment.
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (Agile and Waterfall).
- Technical writing skills with the ability to translate business requirements for the software development team.
- Enjoys working with new tools and a self-motivated learner.
(Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”)
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Retail Technology.
- Call Center analysis experience.
- IVR experience.
- Relational database query experience.
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To learn more, visit http://www.hsn.com/careers
HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq:HSNI) is a $4 billion interactive multichannel retailer with strong direct-to-consumer expertise among its two operating segments, HSN and Cornerstone. HSNi offers innovative, differentiated retail experiences on TV, online, via mobile devices, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores. HSN, a leading interactive multichannel retailer which offers a curated assortment of exclusive products combined with top brand names, now reaches approximately 94 million homes (24 hours a day, seven days a week, live 364 days a year). HSN.com offers a differentiated digital experience by leveraging content, community and commerce. In addition to its existing media platforms, HSN is the industry leader in transactional innovation, including services such as HSN Shop by Remote®, the only service of its kind in the U.S., the HSN Shopping App for mobile handheld devices and HSN on Demand®. Cornerstone comprises leading home and apparel lifestyle brands including Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill®, Grandin Road®, and Improvements®. Cornerstone distributes approximately 325 million catalogs annually, operates five separate digital sales sites and operates 14 retail and outlet stores.