CRM Analyst (SAS / SQL)Job ID 0816995 Date posted 11/07/2017
The Customer Relationship Marketing Team provides the organization with consumer insights and analytics to expand and grow the business. The team is responsible for stewarding HSN’s consumer database, developing customer-centric metrics, and conducting both qualitative and quantitative customer research that furthers our ability to predict and target customer behavior.
In this role, you will work to deliver business-level insights that explain what happened and predict what happens next. To succeed in this role, you must be an excellent communicator with proven analytical and technical skills, an aptitude for accuracy and the ability to thrive in a fast paced, fluid environment. You have the ability to understand the business needs and correlate those needs with the available data. You are comfortable working with and accessing data through the use of tools such as SAS/SQL, analytics platforms such as Google Analytics and advanced Microsoft Excel.
- Build and maintain recurring business-level reporting dashboards
- Engage in short and long-term projects
- Maintain quality of the data reporting history
- Work with the internal teams to clearly identify the criteria needed for new reports and modifications to existing reports
- Display actionable insights in a visually simple, easy to understand manner
- Create, execute and monitor data quality assurance processes
- Create and execute ad-hoc SAS/SQL requests for marketing, merchandising, and finance teams
- Create new SAS/SQL processes according to company needs
- Maintain proper documentation for all data infrastructure and coding efforts
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, economics or computer science
- 1 year of experience working with corporate data for a mid to large size organization
- 2 years of experience using statistical software (SAS, SPSS, R and Python)
- 2 years of experience using database querying tools (SQL, Access and Tableau)
- Intermediate/Advanced MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Good organizational skills
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves"
- MS in statistics, marketing, finance, computer science, management information systems
- Experience using visualization software (Tableau, PivotChart)
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq:HSNI) is a $4 billion interactive multichannel retailer with strong direct-to-consumer expertise among its two operating segments, HSN and Cornerstone. HSNi offers innovative, differentiated retail experiences on TV, online, via mobile devices, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores. HSN, a leading interactive multichannel retailer which offers a curated assortment of exclusive products combined with top brand names, now reaches approximately 94 million homes (24 hours a day, seven days a week, live 364 days a year).HSN.com offers a differentiated digital experience by leveraging content, community and commerce. In addition to its existing media platforms, HSN is the industry leader in transactional innovation, including services such as HSN Shop by Remote®, the only service of its kind in the U.S., the HSN Shopping App for mobile handheld devices and HSN on Demand®. Cornerstone comprises leading home and apparel lifestyle brands including Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill®, Grandin Road®, and Improvements®. Cornerstone distributes approximately 325 million catalogs annually, operates five separate digital sales sites and operates 14 retail and outlet stores.