CopywriterJob ID 0816798 Date posted 09/22/2017
Our Creative team operates as HSN’s in-house creative “agency” composed of such positions as Copywriters, Art Directors, Photographers, UX Designers, and many more. This team utilizes their experiences and talents on everything from photo shoots, writing creative content for digital, TV or our social platforms, or designing our next programming guide.
As a Copywriter, you’ll be responsible for writing smart, engaging and on-brand copy, while also ensuring consistent copy standards, brand voice and messaging across all channels.
- Write copy to support a wide variety of products, brands and promotions
- Meet requested brief objectives while staying true to the brand voice and positioning
- Review/monitor/proof all copy and work with cross-functional teams to ensure consistency in style, positioning and voice
- Meet daily production goals and deadlines as set by the department
- Proof and fact-check to ensure 100% accuracy on all department jobs
- Help create unique selling angles for categories, promotions and products
- Collaborate closely with Art Directors/Graphic Designers to develop compelling creative that drives customer response and engagement
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to determine product benefits and messaging
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
**In order to be considered, candidates must include writing samples with their application**
- A 4-year college degree in a related field
- 3 years professional writing experience
- Strong writing/English skills, computer/systems literate and the ability to work with various department groups
- Motivated self-starter with a positive attitude and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong ability to write compelling and persuasive direct-response copy
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Strong self-motivation and multitasking required
- Understand best practices for digital media and promotional copywriting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to effectively collaborate with all professional levels
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
- Experience writing for an e-commerce site
- Working experience at a major, Fortune 500/1000 brand, large company (+2500 employees) preferred
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. www.hsn.com/careers
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq:HSNI) is a $4 billion interactive multichannel retailer with strong direct-to-consumer expertise among its two operating segments, HSN and Cornerstone. HSNi offers innovative, differentiated retail experiences on TV, online, via mobile devices, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores. HSN, a leading interactive multichannel retailer which offers a curated assortment of exclusive products combined with top brand names, now reaches approximately 94 million homes (24 hours a day, seven days a week, live 364 days a year).HSN.com offers a differentiated digital experience by leveraging content, community and commerce. In addition to its existing media platforms, HSN is the industry leader in transactional innovation, including services such as HSN Shop by Remote®, the only service of its kind in the U.S., the HSN Shopping App for mobile handheld devices and HSN on Demand®. Cornerstone comprises leading home and apparel lifestyle brands including Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill®, Grandin Road®, and Improvements®. Cornerstone distributes approximately 325 million catalogs annually, operates five separate digital sales sites and operates 14 retail and outlet stores.