Operations Supervisor - Roanoke DistributionJob ID R41394 Date posted 11/13/2019
Job Description Details
- Provide supervision, guidance, technical support, coaching and training to assigned team/s
- Responsible for 30 to 50 full-time/temporary team members
- Plan, organize and control activities of team/s and communicate clear expectations regarding department and individual goals
- Observe team performance and alert team leaders to provide coaching on areas
- Full understanding of business/performance metrics and impact across Fulfillment sites
- Prioritize workload, direction of team, and assignment to meet department and company key performance indicators/KPI
- Identify barriers to performance and assist manager in identifying/analyzing root cause and effect and develop action plans to resolve
- Ensure daily production targets are met for team/s by focusing on resource planning and developing contingency business plans based on company sales performance
- Assist and/or develop processes and procedures working with manager or cross-functionally with other supervisors to improve efficiency across Fulfillment site
- Develop “continual training” strategy for non-exempt employees within area and cross-functionally with other supervisors
- Coach Leads in reviewing production requirements and assigning employees to tasks
- Conduct daily interaction with team leaders and staff to provide feedback on performance, progress toward goals, safety topics, operational results and business updates and seek input from staff on methods to impact efficiency, accuracy and safety
- Complete Performance Reviews, Pep’s and counseling of individuals on team
- Review/approve PTO and cross punches of employees on team
- Point of contact when manager is out of office
- May work on projects
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.