Material HandlerJob ID R36212 Date posted 07/03/2019
Job Description Details
Job Description: May work in various areas of Fulfillment.
- Drive MHE equipment typically majority of shift
- Load/Unload Trucks
- Manually unload, sort, palletize PO’s
- Manually load trucks and/or rotate within other duties of the shipping area such as sorting, scanning and weighing packages or mailbags.
- Receiving: Verify count, containerize and receive/check-in merchandise typically using RF equipment; check contents of master carton against package label; audit trailers in the yard; read and interpret packing lists and freight bills; perform uncheck-in when necessary
- Storage: Perform put away and transfer tasks using RF; ability to perform non-directed transfers and RTS put away using RF equipment; replenish both deconsolidated and consolidated inventory
- Picking: Verify that product and LP exist in location; pick merchandise from the appropriate floor storage location using computer generated pick sheets and RF equipment; scan LP and verify that style number of merchandise matches the style number in the RF; scan LP to tote and deliver tote or pallet to designated drop off; burst and/or batch computer generated pick sheets and/or packing invoices; research inventory discrepancies on WMS; expedite product and maintain order flow
- Packing: Perform verification of picked product within the Matching area for quantity, item3, condition and then match with appropriate packing list; expedite merchandise to the line; place product in correct shipping container with appropriate dunnage; place inserts and correct summary in package; apply shipping label; randomly inspect packages
- Returns/Rework: Open, inspect and verify contents on customer return orders and LP’s NAS; scan and credit orders; follow box recipe and perform re-box tasks; complete basic data entry
- Proficient ability to read, comprehend and communicate in English
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and written with all levels of internal and external contacts
- Ability to promote organizational mission and values
- Ability to work as a team which includes multi-tasking, flexibility and adaptability with co-workers and schedules
- Basic to intermediate mathematical skills
- Through understanding of MHE equipment and ability to pass/maintain certification
- Ability to pass testing for CDL license which may be required if driving tractor-trailers
- Ability to understand and follow safety regulations
- Ability to use physical effort in the handling of heavy materials, boxes or equipment (most tasks require up to 70 lbs. lifting and standing for 8-12 hours per shift)
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.