Senior Industrial Engineer - Piney Flats DistributionJob ID 0816870 Date posted 10/11/2017
Business Unit Summary
The HSN Piney Flats, Tennessee fulfillment center works behind the scenes making sure the customer gets the right product quickly and efficiently. This 24 hour operation offers employees the chance to work in a state of the art automated distribution environment!
A Day in the Life
The Senior Industrial Engineer will lead the engineering team for the Fulfillment Center and work closely with operations to continuously improve customer service and satisfaction, employee satisfaction, and cost savings. The Senior Industrial Engineer will also manage capital projects to support facility and process improvements
- Responsibile for all engineering deliverables within the Fulfillment Center
- Manage a team of local engineers across different shifts
- Develop, train, and motivate engineers to produce the best possible product
- Conduct direct labor studies using acceptable engineering practices to determine areas for improvement
- Assist in preparations for departmental budget, including material, manpower, equipment, and outside procurement costs and operate within approved parameters
- Analyze and evaluate distribution methods and standards; recommend improvements to maximize workflow and spatial utilization
- Process design and implementation plans that result in improved service, cost savings, or improved quality of services
- Concept design, approval, justification, project management, and implementation of capital and facility expansion projects
- Some travel required
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or other engineering discipline
- Minimum of 4 years experience involving industrial engineering or project management in a distribution or manufacturing environment
- Experience with AutoCAD, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Office
- Motion and time study experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as blue prints, operating and maintenance instructions, safety rules, and procedural manuals
- MOST certification and StandardsPro experience a plus
- Manhattan LM experience or other top tier labor reporting package
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional attitude, and approach
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple and concurrent priorities
HSN is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation and is attributed to the QVC Group tracking stock (NASDAQ: QVCA, QVCB). For more information, please visit http://corporate.hsn.com/newsroom/, or follow @HSN on Facebook and Twitter.
About the QVC Group
The QVC Group consists of eight leading retail brands: QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Roan, and Improvements. The QVC Group has 27,000 team members in the US, the UK, Germany, Japan, Italy, France, Poland, and China. Visit the QVC Group webpage to learn more.