Operations Supervisor, 2nd Shift - Piney Flats DistributionJob ID R40451 Date posted 10/29/2019
The HSN Piney Flats, Tennessee fulfillment center works behind the scenes making sure the customer gets the right product quickly and efficiently. This 24 hour operation offers employees the chance to work in a state of the art automated distribution environment!
Job Description Details
A Day in the Life
This position leads a cross-functional team that is trained in every area of the business and will flex the team to each area as daily business needs dictate. They will work in partnership with the Operations Manager, Operations, Director, and OVP/GM to set building work flow and planning.
Provide leadership, guidance, technical support, coaching, and training to assigned teams for all functional areas
- Plan, organize, and control activities of team and communicate clear expectations regarding department and individual goals
- Identify barriers to performance and identify/analyze root cause and effect and develop action plans to resolve
- Conduct daily interaction with team leaders and staff to provide feedback on performance, progress toward goals, safety topics, operational results and business updates and seek input from staff on methods to impact efficiency, accuracy, and safety
- Ensure daily production targets are met for teams by focusing on resource planning and developing contingency business plans based on company sales performance
- Minimum of 5 years fulfillment/distribution experience
- Minimum of 2 years leadership experience
- Intermediate knowledge of business and financial plans, including budget components and drivers-
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact with all levels of leadership
- Management of 20+ employees
- 5S process
Nice to Haves
-BA/BS degree or equivalent
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.