Maintenance Mechanic IIJob ID R45592 Date posted 06/24/2020
Job Description Details
MECHANIC II – MAINTENANCE
The Maintenance Mechanic II supports the Tennessee Fulfillment Center through the maintenance of facilities and associated automated sortation equipment. This role reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and Maintenance Team Lead.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs assigned preventive maintenance program, maintains production equipment and facilities.
- Performs and follows scheduled repairs to meet the requirements of the Operations Team.
- Ensures that equipment is capable of operating within the specifications and tolerances established.
- Assists Mechanic III to perform electrical controls troubleshooting and modifications.
- Performs modifications to operations equipment, facilities and replacement of existing machines per manufacture’s or equipment specifications.
- Captures labor and parts used to complete work from scheduled work orders on the maintenance management system.
- Performs related duties as assigned by leadership.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- At least three years experience as an industrial mechanic repairing and maintaining electro-mechanical equipment in an industrial setting.
- Ability to effectively read, interpret and troubleshoot equipment with technical data, schematics and diagrams.
- Ability to understand and follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to professionally interact with all departments and leadership in HSN.
- Ability to work capably as a team member of the maintenance department.
- Proficient with MS Office, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Mechanical aptitude required including knowledge of electrical controls, conveyors, mechanical drives, shafts, bearings, etc
- Ability to lift 30lbs on a regular basis and 70lbs as needed, climb stairs and ladders, and work indoors or outside in hot or cold temperatures.
- Proficient use of hand tools, saws, and drills.
- May be required to work non-standard shifts to meet departmental needs.
- Attributes consistent with company culture; safety, customer service, integrity, continuous improvement.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical aptitude, commitment to accuracy, quality, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Openness to new responsibilities and willingness to shift focus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive disposition with strong follow through skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum to moderate supervision required.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.