Maintenance Mechanic II - Piney Flats DistributionJob ID 0817053 Date posted 11/22/2017
Business Unit Summary
The HSN Piney Flats, Tennessee Fulfillment Center works behind the scenes to ensure our customers receive the right product quickly and efficiently. This 24-hour operation offers employees the chance to work in a state-of-the-art automated distribution environment.
A Day in the Life
The Maintenance Mechanic IIsupports the Tennessee Fulfillment Center through the maintenance of facilities and associated automated sortation equipment. This role reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and Maintenance Team Lead.
- Performs assigned preventive maintenance program, maintains production equipment and facilities.
- Performs and follows scheduled repairs to meet the requirements of the Operations Team.
- Ensures that equipment is capable of operating within the specifications and tolerances established.
- Assists Mechanic III to perform electrical controls troubleshooting and modifications.
- Performs modifications to operations equipment, facilities and replacement of existing machines per manufacture’s or equipment specifications.
- Captures labor and parts used to complete work from scheduled work orders on the maintenance management system.
- Performs related duties as assigned by leadership.
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- At least three years experience as an industrial mechanic repairing and maintaining electro-mechanical equipment in an industrial setting.
- Ability to effectively read, interpret and troubleshoot equipment with technical data, schematics and diagrams.
- Ability to understand and follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to professionally interact with all departments and leadership in HSN.
- Proficient with MS Office, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook.
-Mechanical aptitude required including knowledge of electrical controls, conveyors, mechanical drives, shafts, bearings, etc
- May be required to work non-standard shifts to meet departmental needs.
Nice to Haves
- Attributes consistent with company culture; safety, customer service, integrity, continuous improvement.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Analytical aptitude, commitment to accuracy, quality, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Openness to new responsibilities and willingness to shift focus.
- Proactive disposition with strong follow through skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum to moderate supervision required.