Maintenance III / PLC Technician - Piney Flats DistributionJob ID 0818759 Date posted 08/24/2018
Business Unit Summary
The HSN Piney Flats, Tennessee Fulfillment Center works behind the scenes to ensure our customers receive the right product quickly and efficiently. This 24 hour operation offers employees the chance to work in a state-of-the-art automated distribution environment.
A Day in the Life
Applied electronic theory, principles of electrical circuits, electrical testing procedures, engineering mathematics, physics, and related knowledge to layout, build, test, troubleshoot, and repair production equipment under minimum supervision.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment to detect hazards, problems, and the need for service, repair and/or replacement of electrical, electronic and mechanical components.
- Discusses performance issues and improvement ideas with pertinent technical staff.
- Reads and understands electronic and electrical schematics; draws sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units.
- Recommends changes in circuitry of installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Understands and is able to trouble-shoot and repair solid-state motor drives, solid-state temperature controllers, and computer-based controllers.
- Analyzes and interprets data from solid-state motor drives and controllers scope meters and other troubleshooting equipment.
- Adjusts, calibrates and aligns circuitry and components and records effects on unit performance.
- Must be able to check newly installed equipment to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions.
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Documented proficient working knowledge of Allen Bradley and Siemens plc;s/controls/protocols platforms.
- Must be able to work other shifts and overtime to complete work as needed.
- Computer skills, with capability to use email, compile reports and spreadsheets for parks and project tracking.
- Be able to prepare technical reports for documenting issues/changes to equipment.
- Be able to manage projects for implementing changes and improvements.
Nice to Haves
- 5+ years experience within electronics field.
- Associates degree in Electronics Technology or equivalent certification.
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
About the QVC Group
The QVC Group consists of eight leading retail brands: QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Roan, and Improvements. The QVC Group has 27,000 team members in the US, the UK, Germany, Japan, Italy, France, Poland, and China. Visit the QVC Group webpage to learn more.