Maintenance Assistant - Piney Flats DistributionJob ID 0816940 Date posted 10/25/2017
HSN is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation and is attributed to the QVC Group tracking stock (NASDAQ: QVCA, QVCB). For more information, please visit http://corporate.hsn.com/newsroom/, or follow @HSN on Facebook and Twitter.
Business Unit Summary
The HSN Piney Flats, Tennessee Fulfillment Center works behind the scenes to ensure our customers receive the right product quickly and efficiently. This 24 hour operation offers employees the chance to work in a state-of-the-art automated distribution environment.
A Day in the Life
The Maintenance Assistant is responsible for providing assistance in the maintenance of equipment and facilities. This role reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and Maintenance Team Lead.
- Assists in repairing and maintaining machinery, equipment, physical structures, and plumbing and electrical systems of industrial establishment, using hand tools and power tools.
- Cleans and lubricates machine parts, such as shafts, pulleys, gears, and bearings, using rags, brushes, grease gun, and oilcan.
- Assists in the replacement or repair of machine belts.
- Removes dust, dirt, grease, and waste material from building and equipment.
- Paints machines or equipment to prevent corrosion.
- Drills holes in walls, floors, and ceilings for electrical installations.
- Connects wire to motors, fixtures, and other electrical equipment, replaces switches and fuses while under the supervision of a mechanic.
- Assists in bending, cutting, and threading pipe for the installation of industrial piping.
- Cuts out and joins parts for worktables, benches, shelves and other furnishings, using power tools and hand tools.
- Patches or replaces plaster or plaster board and paints walls, ceilings, floors and trim of building.
- Clears clogged drains and replaces plumbing fixtures.
-Operates welding machine to repair or join metal parts.
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Typically 1-3 years experience in a distribution or industrial setting.
- Basic math, problem solving, and computer skills are typically required.
- Demonstrated mechanical ability.
- Lifting requirements: 30lbs regular basis; 70lbs as needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of "must haves."
Nice to Haves
- Attributes consistent with company culture; safety, customer service, integrity, continuous improvement.
- Eagerness to learn new things and maintain a positive attitude toward changes and new challenges.
- Openness to new responsibilities and willingness to shift focus.
-Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The schedule for this position is Rotating, 7:00pm-7:00am.