Maintenance Assistant - Piney Flats DistributionJob ID 0816940 Date posted 10/25/2017
Business Unit Summary
The HSN Piney Flats, Tennessee Fulfillment Center works behind the scenes to ensure our customers receive the right product quickly and efficiently. This 24 hour operation offers employees the chance to work in a state-of-the-art automated distribution environment.
A Day in the Life
The Maintenance Assistant is responsible for providing assistance in the maintenance of equipment and facilities. This role reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and Maintenance Team Lead.
- Assists in repairing and maintaining machinery, equipment, physical structures, and plumbing and electrical systems of industrial establishment, using hand tools and power tools.
- Cleans and lubricates machine parts, such as shafts, pulleys, gears, and bearings, using rags, brushes, grease gun, and oilcan.
- Assists in the replacement or repair of machine belts.
- Removes dust, dirt, grease, and waste material from building and equipment.
- Paints machines or equipment to prevent corrosion.
- Drills holes in walls, floors, and ceilings for electrical installations.
- Connects wire to motors, fixtures, and other electrical equipment, replaces switches and fuses while under the supervision of a mechanic.
- Assists in bending, cutting, and threading pipe for the installation of industrial piping.
- Cuts out and joins parts for worktables, benches, shelves and other furnishings, using power tools and hand tools.
- Patches or replaces plaster or plaster board and paints walls, ceilings, floors and trim of building.
- Clears clogged drains and replaces plumbing fixtures.
-Operates welding machine to repair or join metal parts.
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Typically 1-3 years experience in a distribution or industrial setting.
- Basic math, problem solving, and computer skills are typically required.
- Demonstrated mechanical ability.
- Lifting requirements: 30lbs regular basis; 70lbs as needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to Haves
- Attributes consistent with company culture; safety, customer service, integrity, continuous improvement.
- Eagerness to learn new things and maintain a positive attitude toward changes and new challenges.
- Openness to new responsibilities and willingness to shift focus.
-Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The schedule for this position is Rotating, 7:00pm-7:00am.