Maintenance Assistant - Piney Flats DistributionJob ID 0819439 Date posted 02/11/2019
Business Unit Summary
The HSN Piney Flats, Tennessee Fulfillment Center works behind the scenes to ensure our customers receive the right product quickly and efficiently. This 24-hour operation offers employees the chance to work in a state-of-the-art automated distribution environment.
A Day in the Life
The Maintenance Assistant is responsible for providing assistance in the maintenance of equipment and facilities. This role reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and Maintenance Team Lead.
- Assists in repairing and maintaining machinery, equipment, physical structures, and plumbing and electrical systems of industrial establishment, using hand tools and power tools.
- Cleans and lubricates machine parts, such as shafts, pulleys, gears, and bearings, using rags, brushes, grease gun, and oilcan.
- Assists in the replacement or repair of machine belts.
- Removes dust, dirt, grease, and waste material from building and equipment.
- Paints machines or equipment to prevent corrosion.
- Drills holes in walls, floors, and ceilings for electrical installations.
- Connects wire to motors, fixtures, and other electrical equipment, replaces switches and fuses while under the supervision of a mechanic.
- Assists in bending, cutting, and threading pipe for the installation of industrial piping.
- Cuts out and joins parts for worktables, benches, shelves and other furnishings, using power tools and hand tools.
- Patches or replaces plaster or plaster board and paints walls, ceilings, floors and trim of building.
- Clears clogged drains and replaces plumbing fixtures.
-Operates welding machine to repair or join metal parts.
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Typically 1-3 years experience in a distribution or industrial setting, or higher education in related topic.
- Basic math, problem solving, and computer skills are typically required.
- Demonstrated mechanical ability.
- Lifting requirements: 30lbs regular basis; 70lbs as needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to Haves
- Attributes consistent with company culture; safety, customer service, integrity, continuous improvement.
- Eagerness to learn new things and maintain a positive attitude toward changes and new challenges.
- Openness to new responsibilities and willingness to shift focus.
-Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The schedule for this position is Rotating, 7:00am-7:00pm.