People & Organization Partner ( HR Generalist / Logistics / Warehouse )Job ID 0819202 Date posted 11/26/2018
The People & Org Partner’s primary responsibility is to provide local People function point-of-contact service to business team members, playing a key role in the execution of local People priorities and deliverables within the defined People strategy. This role is also to utilize local business knowledge and understanding gained from working deep within the business, to provide feedback and insights to People & Org Managers, People & Org Business Partners, and relevant COEs in the development of appropriate solutions.
The People & Org Partner will champion and advocate for the team member experience at all stages of the team member lifecycle, bringing focus and a commitment to excellence. Coordinating and liaising between the business and People function, this role is a key interface in ensuring the effective delivery of People services and initiatives.
The role may also partner and collaborate with People & Org Business Partners and Managers and COEs in the development and delivery of People solutions, bringing a real world perspective to any initiatives and execution of them.
This role has no direct financial or people management responsibilities. Indirectly will impact both areas through shepherding the effective delivery of People initiatives.
Day in the Life
- In collaboration with COEs and People & Org Business Partner and Manager, represent a holistic, integrated People function to the local market/function/site/business unit.
- Acts as the business’s point-of-contact for the People function, escalating to People & Org Business Partner and Manager and relevant COEs as necessary.
- Seek to understand local business area perspectives, to then provide local insights and perspectives to People & Org Business Partner and Manager and/or COEs, to ensure local matters are appropriately addressed and considered.
- Provide initial diagnostic level advice and guidance to business leaders, engaging COEs as necessary.
- Provide coaching and guidance to Managers, and to support in the effective prioritization and delivery of an engaging team member experience.
- Utilize relevant information / COE metrics / indicators, to gain insight on local business area people issues, in order to provide leadership teams with the appropriate clarity for People related initiatives and priorities.
- Where appropriate, attend and drive content for local market/site/business unit functional team member forums/team member representation bodies, providing timely response to People related queries and engaging with COEs as necessary.
- Where applicable, to participate and collaborate in functional team member Business Improvement Groups/Action Planning Groups as necessary, to bring People expertise to conversations, and to understand issues for escalation to COEs.
- Culture & Organizational Development: facilitates Performance & Development Review, Talent Review & Succession Planning, and functional career progression processes (as applicable). Org design needs identification and delivery. Career frameworks functional design and delivery. Intake for team dynamics needs. Act as a key ambassador and champion of the team member survey and outputs for function/business unit/market. In partnership with business managers, (and COEs as necessary), oversee demonstrable and measurable interventions to increase/maintain team member engagement scores. Oversee the delivery of team member survey and outputs - locally appropriate communications, rollout plans, and follow-up activities for team member-centric initiatives and solutions.
- Compensation & Benefits: may facilitate merit increase and bonus process; supports internal compensation offers outside of guidelines.
- Advocate for the team member lifecycle through support of and/or execution of pre-boarding activities for exempt team members (onboarding plans, logistics, etc.), retention activities (talent risk management through team member & manager discussions and analysis), off-boarding activities, local Health and Wellbeing initiatives and activities.
- Team Member Relations: Use exposure to the business and People experience to provide initial response to potential issues, then escalating to the Team Member Relations team once an issue has been identified.
- Talent Planning & Acquisition: support business managers with internal team movement/placement processes by providing insights on team member capabilities and career paths; understanding impact of openings on team and strategizing options with TP&A COE and business manager to mitigate; support, as necessary, execution of large scale hiring efforts. May partner with TP&A to provide guidance to the Business on strategic planning for recruiting/hiring needs. May provide guidance on the acquisition and oversight of temporary seasonal recruiting support.
- Participates in appropriate Communities of Practice in support of overall business
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Bachelor’s degree is required, advanced training/degree in a related field desired.
- 2 years of total business experience, ideally in areas of Human Resources and Organization Effectiveness or other related experience is required.
- Previous generalist experience as an HR Advisor / Partner operating at a level of guiding / influencing leaders up to and including Director level.
- An understanding of a breadth of People disciplines.
- Ability to leverage People data to inform deliverables
- Business acumen – able to build and develop broad, yet detailed, understanding in relation to functional groups.
- Coaching and consulting skills
- Creates and leverages internal and external networks
- Self-motivated with action and results delivery orientation; demonstrated initiative and accountability by willingness to assume additional duties other than assigned
- Written/verbal communications, able to communicate with all levels of business
- Interpersonal skills
- Change management delivery
- High attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Able to inspire others, including within own team
- Ability to work independently and with others to identify issues and develop solutions
- Ability to consult, facilitate and interact across function/market areas and with all organizational levels
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- 3+ years of total business experience, ideally in areas of Human Resources and Organization Effectiveness or other related experience is required.
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To learn more, visit https://jobs.hsn.com.
HSN is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation and is attributed to the QVC Group tracking stock (NASDAQ: QVCA, QVCB). For more information, please visit http://corporate.hsn.com/newsroom/, or follow @HSN on Facebook and Twitter.
About the QVC Group (boilerplate)
The QVC Group consists of eight leading retail brands: QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements The QVC Group has 27,000 team members in the US, the UK, Germany, Japan, Italy, France, Poland and China. Visit the QVC Group webpage to learn more.