Maintenance Mechanic I - Fontana DistributionJob ID 0819336 Date posted 01/15/2019
Business Unit Summary
At HSN's Fontana Fulfillment Center, we ship over 2 million packages and sell over 4 million units annually, primarily working with health & beauty and hard good items. The Maintenance Mechanic position supports the Fulfillment Center through the maintenance of facilities and associated automated sortation equipment, reporting to Maintenance Supervision.
A Day in the Life
- Accountable for the assigned preventive maintenance program, maintenance of production equipment and facilities
- Perform and follow scheduled repairs to meet the requirements of the Operations team
- Assure that equipment is capable of operating within the specifications and tolerances established
- Assist other Maintenance employees in electrical controls troubleshooting and modifications
- Perform modifications to operations equipment, facilities and replacement of existing machines per manufacturer's specifications
Keys to Success:
At HSN if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative and Results-Focused, you'll love it here!
- 2 years experience and basic knowledge of material handling equipment, electrical plumbing, carpentry, pneumatic and hydraulic skills and battery maintenance.
- 2 years experience repairing and troubleshooting electrical systems.
- Must be able to operate MHE/PIT equipment safely and successfully pass all MHE/PIT certification training, tests and practical exams.
- Ability to grasp, bend, move and lift up to 70 lbs.
- Ability to work at heights and unusual positions; must be able to walk/stand for 8 to 12 hours.
- Must be flexible with shift work, able to work weekends, holidays and overtime and work in other departments if required.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Rapistan conveyor (or equivalent) and Tilt Tray sorter.