iOS DeveloperJob ID 0818596 Date posted 07/27/2018
Business Unit Summary
As part of Digital Commerce at HSN, the Mobile Applications team develops iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows 8 applications, as well as the Mobile Website. This team builds large scale, flexible architecture in support of HSN’s Mobile experiences. This role on the team will mainly work on the Mobile Website and iOS Application development, but will have opportunities to assist with other platforms on the desktop side.
A Day in the Life
- Develop custom applications and modify existing applications to meet distinct and changing business requirements.
- Code and debug software applications.
- Assist with project planning, project definition, requirements definition, analysis, design, testing, and system documentation.
- Support the QA group in developing test plans and test scripts.
- Support post-implementation and on-going production support as an on-call programmer.
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Bachelor’s Degree or acceptable amount of technical experience
- At least 4 years of software development experience, including advanced iOS development knowledge
- Strong tablet and phone app programming experience with Swift and Objective C
- Strong knowledge and experience working with XML Web Services
- Software development experience with large scale commercial Websites or Apps
- Strong knowledge and experience with Xcode
- Experience with Git and other source control solutions
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK
- Experience with REST and JSON
- Experience with Service APIs
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”
Nice to Have
- C# / ASP.NET / ASP.MVC programming skills
- E-commerce or Retail Systems experience
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To learn more, visit https://jobs.hsn.com.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more.
HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information, please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Qurate Retail, Inc.
Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) is comprised of eight leading retail brands – QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”) – all dedicated to providing a ‘third way to shop,’ beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations, and is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the US. Qurate Retail, Inc. also holds minority interests in ILG and FTD as well as various green energy investments.